Template (Game Messages)
|| This document has been partially completed.
|| This document is about game mechanics.
Powerup Experimentation Mechanics
These items come as single use.
Powerups have an unusually complex and engaging experimentation system.
3. Generic Melee Weapon Kit
6. Grenade Wiring Kit
8. Mine Explosives Kit
10. Grenade Explosives Kit
These items have 1 experimentation line available.
1. Experimental Effectiveness
The Experimental Effectiveness line depends on 100% OQ. Experimentation on this line increases the Action Cost, Health Cost, Mind Cost,Attack Speed,Max Damage,Min Damage,Damage Radius,Max Range Attack Mod,Ideal Range Attack Mod,Point Blank Attack Mod,Ideal Range, Wound Chance attributes on these items.
For a listing of available powerup attributes see Using Powerups
Notes In regard to observable documentation regarding Powerup Experimentation:
Behavior for powerup experimentation seems to be known up to the point of adding tertiary stats to an item. The following will be a description of the general behavior and then an addendum including speculative information on how the process could work to handle tertiary and subsequent stats on these items.
I. Item Assembly and Stat Rolls
Each powerup has a listing of attributes available to be placed into the item based on which category the attributes are picked from. There are two categories of attributes for these items with these being a Primary category and a Secondary category both with distinct effects. Items can have one primary attribute only and up to 4 secondary attributes. When Assembling a powerup item, a roll is made to choose between one of several attributes from the Primary category for the particular powerup. Once a primary stat is chosen, then player can then begin experimentation on the item. As the player experiments there are a series of rolls that occur on each experimentation attempt that will determine if there will be any secondary attributes added to the item. One attribute is added per successfull roll, so for example in order to get an item with 5 attributes (1 primary and 4 secondaries) 4 distinct and successful rolls must be made to spawn the attributes onto the item.
One idea on how the stat roll determination can be made is as follows:
Have the experimentation scale be sectioned off into a series of cutoff points to which to player must allocate sufficienct experimentation to reach these cutoff points. Each cutoff point will represent the opportunity for a player to have access to an additional stat modifier on the item. The cutoff points will have a roll chance modifier added to each subsequent experimentation attempt until the player obtains that stat.
For example, if the experimentation cutoff point for obtaining the first secondary stat is at 25% experimentation, then the player has to achieve an experimented value on the item of at least 25%. If the player achieves this value then they will qualify to have a secondary stat added to the item. The secondary stat in this item will have a roll chance of 1:2 meaning a 50% chance of spawning a secondary mod when the player performs their next experimentation.
The rolls should not be cumulative, meaning that if a player puts all their points into one experimentation for example, then they should not have access to all stat modifiers at once. These stats should be added solely based on roll chance per each attempt after first qualifying. This makes it progressively more difficult to add in new stats as each cutoff point reduces the amount of chances to experiment on an item since there are the bottlenecks of resource quality and chances to experiment on the remaining experimentation line.
I suppose we would have the cutoff points and roll selections based on something. The following ideas are completely open to change and recommendations.
1. Secondary Stat:
Experimentation Cutoff Point: 15%
Roll Chance: 3:4
2. Third Stat:
Experimentation Cutoff Point: 30%
Roll Chance: 1:10
3. Fourth Stat
Experimentation Cutoff Point: 45%
Roll Chance: 1:10
4. Fifth Stat
Experimentation Cutoff Point: 60%
Roll Chance: 1:10
II. Effects of Experimentation on Secondary Mod Selections
There are different combinations of stats available to powerups and depending on which combination is selected, will influence the final bonus amounts added to the available stats on the items.
Primary stat modifiers begin with a 0.001% bonus at 0% experimentation and have a maximum of up to 34% at 100%. For a powerup that will only have 2 stats, a secondary stat (if chosen) will always be capped at half of the primary which would be in this case 17%. Tertiary stats, if added, can cause a couple of types of behavior to occur depending on the result of the secondary value and when the tertiary stat was chosen to be placed in.
1. If the secondary stat is below 10% in value at the time the tertiary stat is chosen to be added in, then the tertiary stat's value will be scaled as if it were the secondary and the secondary's value will remain static. To use an example, if the powerup is experimented a 15% primary, 7% secondary and a third stat is added in from the previous experimentation then the secondary stat value of 7% will remain fixed and the tertiary stat will be scaled to fit the primary (as if it were the current secondary). So in this example the item's stats will be 15% primary, 7% secondary and 7% tertiary. Any further experimentation will increase the tertiary stat only so at the end the item coudl be 34% primary 7% secondary and 17% tertiary.
2. If the secondary stat is at or above 10% in value at the time the teritary stat is chosen, then both values will be increased proportionally however neither will achieve the full scaled value in relation to the primary stat. What I believe occurs is this: An item with 20% primary and 10% secondary obtains a tertiary stat. The new stat configuration for the item is now 20% primary, 10% secondary and 5% tertiary. The capped value used for the secondary stat is used to determine the value that both the secondary and tertiary stat can obtain. In this case if the item is experimented up to 34%, then the cap value for secondary is 17%. In our present case each items will have the remaining difference between the secondary and the capped maximum of 7% divided between both it and the tertiary. This would make the final item (if perfect experimentation) to have the following stats, 34% primary, 13.5% secondary, 8.5% tertiary.
In regard to fourth and fifth stat additions I believe that they should just be kept in line with the previous scale logic in which each subsequent stat has a max value being half that of the previous one. So using the previous example if it had all 5 stats it would look like this 34% primary, 13.5% secondary, 8.5% third stat, 4.25% on fourth stat, 2.125% on fifth stat.
This attribute spawns on any item that has had its base type name changed. For player crafted items this type change occurs when the player renames the item from the default given one. The name change can occur automatically as the player chooses a particular style for the item during the customization process or by manually renaming the item in the name field. After changing the name the item now indicates that it is a variation of the specific type that it originated as.
For more information about the Variation Of attribute, see
General Item Mechanics
Represents the current container contents of the Item.
For more information about volumn counts, see Inventory Mechanics
This attribute appears only on crafted items or looted components. The crafter's name is listed here.
General Item Mechanics, and General Crafting Mechanics for more information about Serial numbers
This attribute only appears on crafted items. This represents the alphanumeric code given to the item.
See General Item Mechanics, Using Schematics and General Crafting Mechanics for more information about Serial numbers
This attribute lists the amount of action, as a percentage, that the weapon's action cost attribute will be reduced by.
This attribute lists the amount of health, as a percentage, that the weapon's health cost attribute will be reduced by.
This attribute lists the amount of mind, as a percentage, that the weapon's mind cost attribute will be reduced by.
This attribute lists the amount of attack speed, as a percentage, that the weapons Attack Speed attribute will be reduced by.
This attribute lists the amount of maximum damage, as a percentage, that the weapon's max damage attribute will be increased by.
This attribute lists the amount of minimum damage, as a percentage, that the weapon's min damage attribute will be increased by.
This attribute lists the amount of radius, as a percentage, that the weapon's radius attribute will be increased by.
Max Range Attack Mod:
This attribute lists the amount of accuracy modifier, as a percentage, that the weapon's max attribute for range accuracy will be increased by.
Ideal Range Attack Mod:
This attribute lists the amount of accuracy modifier, as a percentage, that the weapon's ideal attribute for range accuracy will be increased by.
Point Blank Attack Mod:
This attribute lists the amount of accuracy modifier, as a percentage, that the weapon's point blank attribute for range accuracy will be increased by.
This attribute lists the amount as a percentage, that the weapon's ideal range (attack distance) will be increased by.
This attribute lists the amount, as a percentage, that the weapon's Wound attribute will be increased by.